In this tutorial, we are showing you how to download codecs automatically in Windows Media Player for Windows 7
IMPORTANT: The version 12 of Windows Media Player does not have the option ‘Download codecs automatically‘. In that version, codes are automatically bundled with Windows 7. Just incase if you want to download prepackaged codecs then you can download it here:
- Download Codec Package for Windows 7
- Download BEST Media Players for Windows 7 ( VLC ) - VLC Media Player, GOM Player, KMPlayer, WinAmp, Media Player Classic Home Cinema....
You will also find many other codecs online at sites like http://shark007.net/win7codecs.html or http://ffdshow-tryout.sourceforge.net/
Steps to Download Codecs Automatically in Windows Media Player
1. First of all, Start the Windows Media Player, click on the Start >> All Programs >> Windows Media Player.
2. Press Alt to open menu. Then click on the Tools >> Options
3. Click on the player tab and check on the ‘Download codecs automatically’ to select it. Then click on the Apply and then OK button. That are the complete steps.
A codec is a software or add-ons that is used for compressing or decompressing a digital media file like song or video. Windows Media Player uses codecs to play and create a digital media files.
Sometimes, if Windows Media Player is not be able to play a certain video or medial file then you may be required to install or download codec to play a file or use another media player.
If U Like The Post COMMENTSSSS Please...!!!